Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Poem: Misfortune Dost Follow



Misfortune! 
Misfortune dost follow!
It dost follow everywhere, everywhen!
I do not welcome it.
I reject each and every Misfortune
With all my Heart and Soul.

It matters not how little.
I will reject it.
I pray not to experience it.
Prayers that are almost never answered.

Woe is me who must face this tragedy.
Woe is me that precious time is taken.
So I selfishly lament.

A Shadow looms before me.
A Time has been appointed.
To that Shadow, I walk.

No matter how much I delude on my Luck
It draws ever closer.
I fear it.
I dread it.
But that matters not.

I have been Summoned.
A Call I must answer.
Unnecessary is what I want to be.
But my Summons remains unrescinded.

Hate I feel to the Foe
I am called to oppose.
Grief he has caused I.
To him, I will make pay.
That is my only solace
For all this inconvenience.

I am no hero.
Grandeur, I do not seek.
Modestly, I walk.
Meekly, I creep.

I reject the path of Villains
But so too, do I reject the path of Heroes.
For I am but a lowly, selfish and normal Human.

No comments:

Post a Comment