Sunday, November 11, 2018

Long Time No See

Wow, it has been a really, really long time since I've last posted a blog. I've just been so lazy about it that I ended up forgetting about it for a while, LOL. Perhaps I should rename this blog site "A Lazy Writer's Blog" or something.

A lot's happened over this span of one year and three months. Since my last post, I've published a new book (Finally!)  and am working on two stories simultaneously on my Hubpages blog. I've also changed full-time jobs (Yay, me!), and have gotten a surprisingly larger amount of free time to write my stories.

Speaking of writing stories, there's something that I've been thinking about for a bit. As I mentioned before, I have a blog on Hubpages.com. It's where I post all the chapters of the stories I write before putting them all together into a book to publish on Amazon. Now, I'm grateful for my experience with Hubpages, because it gave me an actual audience, which I feel spurred my writing into a more positive direction, especially in terms of skill. I still feel like my writing has flaws in plot, actual writing style, and so forth, but it's a stark improvement from my early days in writing.

However, times are changing. I haven't engaged in the community as much as I used to. And because of that, I'm sure viewership of my blog as dipped, along with comments that I receive from readers. Now this decrease in engagement and the results of that decrease are no one else's fault but my own. But I had come to a decision. Once I have completed my current projects, at least the two I am focused on, I will be quitting Hubpages entirely. That is still weeks away, considering where I am at with those projects, but it will happen.

I've already tweeted about this plan through my Twitter account but I thought that a more elaborate announcement and explanation was in order.

As for my blog here, although I have done even less with this than with Hubpages, I have no plans of ceasing engagement here. I don't know what I'll do with it in the future. Chances are, I will continue to neglect it in the days to come. But this blog serves as my official website as an author, a crucial tool for someone of my "career" in this day and age. I used quotation marks for the word "career" because, of course, I still have a full-time day job, and writing novels has always been more of a hobby rather than a means of income. I can't even claim to have much passion, although I enjoy writing, creating new worlds, people, and the adventures they'll have immensely.

That is all I have to say this time around. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving Day and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment