Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Urge to Write

Argh! I've done it again!

I just can't seem to resist the urge when it gets to me. The urge to right, that is. And because of that urge, I've put even more on my plate than I already have.

As you all know, I once wrote a novel called The Dandy Monsters: Night of the Eripmav. As the title might have clued you in, I was planning to make it a brand new series. But after publishing it on Amazon, I got to thinking that I might have done wrong with the story. So, after a couple of months, I took the novel down with plans to reboot it. I wasn't planning to do it anytime soon, but suddenly I got the urge to get on it right away and I couldn't resist.

In a nutshell, The Dandy Monsters series is supposed to be a fantasy detective story, which focuses on the adventures of a regular guy named Jay who finds himself mixed up in the affairs of monsters. Jay takes the role of narrator, like Watson does for Sherlock Holmes. But unlike Watson, Jay's main focus will be on a detective, but a phantom thief, one of those fancy-pants gentlemen tricksters you see in comics that like to announce their thefts to challenge authority for a good laugh. Well, former phantom thief. And this phantom thief's a vampire.

Well, now that I've started on it, now I've got one . . . two . . . three . . . that's THREE novels I'm currently writing. And that's not counting my online stories and the continuation of The Paladin Academy Chronicles series that I've left off but still plan to get back to.

That's all I got to share for now. Stay safe out there. Do what you can to protect yourselves from Covid-19. And happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment