Thursday, August 20, 2020

An August Update

 Hey everyone!

It's your boy, Victor, here with another exciting update on all things my writing.

So, if you've been following me on Twitter, you know that I've already finished writing my latest novel. To sum up, I consider that novel one of my best works, no kidding. I put a hundred percent into writing that novel, not only because I wanted to make up for the disappointment I felt for its prequel, Extraterrestrial, but because it will be the official conclusion of the overall main story of the Ben and Co. Novels.

For those of you who may not be familiar, the Ben and Co. Novels is a series of teen, sci-fi/supernatural stories that follow the action-packed adventures of a boy named Benjamin and the people around him as they get dragged from one supernatural incident to the next. Benjamin, himself, gains dragon powers and must use them to overcome great hardships as he encounter psychics, elves, werewolves, and even zombies.

Now, I don't want to give too much away and end up spoiling the whole thing, but the latest and last novel in the series will focus on Benjamin's daughter, Beniko. as she tries to survive a world that cruelly rejects her.

Although I'm already done with the editing, it's still too soon to celebrate. Before I can publish the novel, I have to make the cover art. And there are a few reasons why it's taking a while for me to finish that:

     1. I have an actual job, so not as much free time.

     2. The mouse for my computer's busted so I can't make art on it.

     3. Trouble finding the right smartphone app that meets my needs perfectly.

     4. Tons of events on the mobile games I play.

     5. A knot in my shoulder that makes it hard to work during my free time.

     And finally . . .

     6. A backlog of TV shows and movies I've been wanting to get through for years.

In the meantime, I thought I'd try working on another novel that I set aside a while ago. I was able to churn out a chapter or two, but it felt like I had to force myself to do them, so I'll probably focus my writing more elsewhere for the time being until I get in the mood. I do want to get that novel done and the sequel I've planned for it so I can move on to other things, but the heart wants what the heart wants. It'll probably take longer than it should before I actually finish with it. I should try and do something that'll get me in the mood for the kind of story that it is.

Until then, I plan to finally get back to working on one of my oldest series to date, the Paladin Academy Chronicles. It's about time I got to work on it again. I really should have done that a long time ago too, but again, the heart whatever.

So that's all I got to say this time.

Stay safe out there, spread Aloha not Corona, which you can do by wearing a mask and keep social distancing, and finally, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment