Sunday, November 15, 2020

Lead Ups

 Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing well. I'm just peachy, doing pretty well given the situation. Today, I wanted to share with you some of my hardships as a writer. For me, my writing, I get flashes of inspiration for a scenario. I can see the scenario clearly and it comes with lots of good dialogue for me to choose from. But there is a catch, and that is I still have to lead up to that special scenario.

How do I get there? What happens before the scenario? Basically, I see the ending, but I have trouble thinking about how to get there. And that's true for the stories I'm writing now. Take my Mysteries of the Community Service Club. There is a certain part of the story that I have a clear vision of, but right now I'm a bit stuck on how to get there. It's like my fingers don't even want to type no more while I try to get the next part into words.

 I've managed to power through before, although in some cases, that sometimes leads me to feel uncomfortable with the end result and it'll be a long time before I find a way to redo it again, either just a certain chapter or two, or the whole book.

Because of that, while right now my goal is to give out one chapter a week for the Mysteries of the Community Service Club, some chapters might end up delayed. It makes me miss the good old days when my fingers just flew across the keyboard almost without end. Now I get writer's block sometimes and, among other things stopping me from typing, a stiff shoulder.

Anyway, that's all I got to share for now. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment