Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Shelving

 Hey-o, everyone!

It's me, your favorite, humble storyteller. It's been a while since I've done a blog-blog, so I thought I'd share with you what's been going on behind the scenes.

First up, for a while now, I've been working on the next installment of the Paladin Academy Chronicles, but sad to say, it's not going too well. I've managed to complete a few chapters, but I've just been lagging lately. I think it's because I put the series off for too long. As a result, I've sort of lost where I was going with this. I still have a good picture of how the series as a whole would end, but getting to that goal has become incredibly difficult. Because of that, I've decided to shelve the series and just work on it whenever something finally comes to mind.

My main focus, instead, for the foreseeable future will be The Mysteries of the Community Service Club (CSC for short), which I've been presenting to you in this blog, and the World of Emeron, the world in which my Eternal Witch Saga originates. I've always wanted to expand a world beyond the original series for quite some time. Both the CSC series and Emeron are my chances to do just that.

The CSC series, in case you don't know, is basically a sequel to the Ben and Co. Novels, that I've been posting online for you all to read for free. The story takes place many, many years after the end of the final book. There are hints that give you a picture to how many years apart they are.

As for the World of Emeron, I got several side stories in mind that I've been itching to put into words, exploring the lives of characters after their time with Gwendolyn the Eternal Witch. This includes characters from our world, criminals from their world, and a whole slew of new characters, some of them borrowed from my past books set in other universes. There are still a few issues left unresolved from the Eternal Witch Saga that I want to properly solve.

As for the Paladin Academy Chronicles, I have no intention of abandoning the series. With how my writing's been going lately with this series, I can't say confidently how well it will go when I get back to it. But however flawed it was at the beginning (enough that I had to reboot, rewrite and republish the whole series), the world of Sarah Wu and her friends was my starting point as an independent writer. As such, I owe it to them to give their story a proper end, no matter how it turns out in the end. 

That is all I wanted to say.

Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment