Friday, October 27, 2023

Almost Finished

 Hey Everyone!

If you've been following me on Twitter, you'll know that I mentioned finishing a story by the end of November. And that story is . . . The Vampire's Coffee Shop.

That's right. After over a year, I'm finally close to reaching the conclusion. While there may be one or two chapters that I felt like I hiccupped on, I'd say The Vampire's Coffee Shop is one of my better works. At the very least, it's definitely one where I felt like the story's gone as I intended, in a direction I had hoped for.

I could go on and on with my thoughts on this story and what went into making it. But I think I'll save that for another time. It's not over yet, after all.

But with the end of The Vampire's Coffee Shop, whatever am I to do? Well, I still have The Mysteries of the Community Service Club. I put that one on hiatus because it would be insensitive to continue in the wake of the Maui Wildfires due to certain elements of the second story arc. That was several months ago, but the people living there are still dealing with the aftermath.

However, once I really do complete The Vampire's Coffee Shop, I plan to resume writing and posting chapters of The Mysteries of the Community Service Club, with greater focus before I lose track of the entire plot of the series like I did with the Paladin Academy Chronicles. I really don't want that to happen again.

I've also started working on the latest and final volume of Lucy's Emeron Journey, which chronicles the adventures of Lucy Douglas in the world of Emeron. It'll probably be a while before I finish it. And once I do, I'm considering putting more Emeron stories on hold to focus more on writing stories that take place here on our world. 

Who knows? Maybe I'll just do both at the same time again like I've done in the past. I'm itching to do another kind of story which takes place on Earth. But I've also come up with another Emeron story that's more slice-of-life like The Vampire's Coffee Shop. We'll have to wait and see there what I'll actually do.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to talk about. 

Happy reading, everyone! And Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment