Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Good bye, 2023

 Hey everyone!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

With the year close to an end, I thought I'd make one final blog post before we say good bye to 2023 and hello to 2024, and to share with you all my New Year's resolution and plans.

First off, recently, I posted this year's Christmas story which served as a sort of prequel to The Vampire's Coffee Shop. The story is titled The Trickster's Christmas, and tells about what a certain villain decided to do for the holidays. If you're curious what this villain's up to, I encourage you to give it a read. I hope you enjoy it and be inspired with the universal spirit of the holidays that I put into it. With current events being what they are the last couple of years, it seems like almost everyone's forgotten something very important that they should remember all year long and forever more, I wanted to remind people of it, which was why I wrote this story.

The Trickster's Christmas will also be the last story I post for 2023. Normally, I'd add a New Year's story as well, but I couldn't think of one.

Moving on, on 2024, I plan to finish Volume 2 of The Mysteries of the Community Service Club (CSC for short). I actually finished writing the whole volume, but held off posting them out of consideration for the people of Maui, due to the nature of Volume 2's conflict.

Friendly reminder, the scars from the Maui Wildfires still remain. If they're still around, please consider donating to charities supporting the victims of the fires and rebuilding efforts.

I'm also compiling all of The Vampire's Coffee Shop chapters into a physical book which I'll sell on Amazon. If you like my stories or prefer an actual book in your hands, please support me by buying a copy. I should have that done within the next month as of this post. I plan to do the same with CSC Volume 2 once the final chapter is out.

Like the last year, there are three stories I will be working on at the same time in 2024. One is the final volume of Lucy's Emeron Journey, the other is the next volume of CSC, and finally a brand new fantasy series that takes place in our world but will have a connection to Emeron.

The brand new story is also a kind that I've always wanted to write, similar to what I aimed for with Paladin Academy. But this time, I hope to get it done right and reach the finish line. Still, I can't make promises that I will actually execute it well (I'm no J. K. Rowling or Eoin Colfer after all). But I can promise to do the best I can with it.

I hope by the end of next year, I will finish both Lucy's Emerson Journey and the next CSC volume at least. That is my New Years resolution as a writer.

One final thing, this has nothing to do with my writing, but I figured why not add it since I'm already talking about New Year's resolutions. I hope to put a bigger dent to my backlog of TV shows and movies than this year.

There will likely be hiccups along my stories, but I hope you will bear with it all and stick with me as I continue my journey as a writer.

Merry Christmas, happy New Year, and happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment