Wednesday, June 24, 2020

An Unsatisfied Writer

Yo.

If you've been following this blog for a while, you might remember me expressing some dissatisfaction with some of the novels that I've published. Lately, I started thinking about one of those works, which I had planned to turn into a series, which I call The Dandy Monsters. I meant for The Dandy Monsters to be a fantasy detective story for kids, which has a werewolf detective and a vampire gentleman thief, set in a world where magic is hidden from humans.

So, what's so unsatisfying about the novel I published? I can't put my finger on it, nor would I be good at describing it. It just felt like the whole thing had taken a wrong turn. So, I decided that I want to redo the whole thing. It wouldn't be the first time I did something like that. I redid the whole Paladin Academy Chronicles just a couple of years ago. And I had way more books out in that series than I did The Dandy Monsters at the time.

But even though I want to go right ahead and do that, I think I've already piled up enough on my plate at the moment. I have like three different books I'm working on, and two online series I've decided to start on, (with a third one on my To Do List). I still haven't finished the Paladin Academy Chronicles, which I plan to get back to soon after the others.

I do have another book that I'm pretty unsatisfied with, but I don't see any way I could make it better, even if I did a complete overhaul. For now, it stays as it is.

Well, that's all I've got to vent. 

Stay safe out there. Keep social distancing. And happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment