Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Writing Urges

As I mentioned in previous posts, my writing depends on my mood. But it isn't just whether I have a greater attachment to a particular story. Sometimes, I just get this urge to write. It's like I feel I need to write this now. And, unfortunately, a lot of the time when I get this urge, there's no computer for me to use to write. I mostly use the computer to write these days. Not only that, sometimes when I finally get on a computer, the urge is gone or never comes. And thus, I lose the feeling to write and simply move on to do other things. It happens. I'm human, so now and then, I need a break and some me time. This can be a bit of an inconvenience at times. I'll tell you why later on.

Usually, when I get these urges, its when an idea for a story strikes me suddenly and without warning. It happened a lot to me during my high school and college days, and still to this day, and at inopportune moments. Normally, I write these ideas down on paper to be used at a later time, or commit it as much of it to memory to be outlined later so I don't lose the idea. 

But while the urges to write now come and go, there is one urge, one feeling that never goes away, and that is my impatience. I'm impatient to get to the end of the story. I'm impatient to finally put my ideas into the actual novel. I'm impatient to get to those other story series that remain as outlined notes. And I'm impatient to complete my work. It's this impatience that makes my losing the urge to write an inconvenient thing.

And at the same time, I also have this desire for the story to keep going on and on which contradicts my impatience to finish. It's a bit confusing at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment