Friday, June 20, 2014

Hubpages

At the moment, I'm working on a total of three book projects on Hubpages.com, where I publish them chapter by chapter for anyone to check out for free. I noticed that when I started writing on Hubpages, that they were a lot better than when I wrote in private. I guess it's because I actually have an audience when writing on Hubpages, so I keep the audience more in mind in Hubpages than when I was just writing on Microsoft Word. Of course, I try to write my best even when I'm not using Hubpages, and got out some fairly decent work, but keeping an audience in mind does help to ensure that you do your best because you're not just writing for yourself. You're writing for your audience too.
Take my rebooted series for example. It was honestly terrible in terms of writing and plot flow the first time I published it. Of course, I had written them during my high school days, my early days of writing, but right now, I'm seeing major improvements and I hope I can keep on that path.
The rate of chapters coming out of Hubpages is an estimate of one or more a week. That's the minimum rate, anyway. Depending on my mood, I might even end up publishing three chapters. Which story gets more number of chapters out also depends on my mood. Sometimes, its two chapters of the same story, or just one chapter for each story.
I can earn money on Hubpages, but at this point, I'm not likely to reach the threshold to get paid anytime soon. However, Hubpages is a great way for me to spread my wings as a writer. And it's a great way to spread word about my writing since the community is sort of designed so at least someone reads my work outside of my followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment