Friday, June 13, 2014

My Book: Country of Dragons

For this blog post, I wanted to talk about one of my books that I already published.
In my opinion, one of my best novels in the children's category is Country of Dragons, which I published on Createspace and Amazon Kindle just half a year ago. I think I mentioned it in one of my earlier blogs, you know about how one of my detective characters makes his debut in it. Long story short, it follows a traditional doctor's apprentice, a little girl whose master happened to be a former prince of their country on her journey when some unexpected events threaten to tear her family apart permanently. The setting of the story is in a sort of steampunk version of our world called Atlantis. In this world, science is called Alchemy, with which they create robots, weapons that shoot electricity, and give people special power over the elements of fire, water, etc. Did I mention that a major part of the world's population are half-animals? Mostly, the story takes place in Atlantis' version of China. 
For a long time before, I've wanted to write a story that related to my ancestral culture, which is one reason why I have great attachment to the novel. Another reason I'm attached to it is because it's pretty much the kind of book I've wanted to write all this time. It's got everything: action, mystery, unique characters, and some funny scenes. There's also a bit of a twist somewhere in there, but I'm not going to say what. You'll just have to find out for yourself. Just click on either the title of the book in the second paragraph or HERE.
That's all folks. Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment